While the Corona virus, Covid-19 is within our community the Poppleton Road Memorial Hall must ensure certain government guidelines are followed including ensuring that hall users can social distance while attending an activity. Therefore we have had to reduce the maximum number of people permitted in each of the rooms available to hire during this period.
Main Auditorium: 25 including group leader
Hudson Room: 3-4 people
Archer Room: 2-3 people
Kitchen: 2 people
Toilet suite: 1 person
Special conditions of hire,
These need to be considered by the hirer in addition to our standard conditions.
- You agree to comply with the actions identified in the hall’s risk assessment.
- The hirer will be responsible for ensuring those attending their activity comply with Covid-19 Secure Guidelines while entering and occupying the hall (see poster displayed in entrance lobby). In particular they should use the hand sanitiser supplied when entering the hall and again when using tissues.
- Hirers are asked to complete a risk assessment form before booking the hall.
- The hall will be cleaned regularly. However the hirer will be responsible for cleaning all regularly used surfaces (tables, chairs, wash hand basins, door handles etc.) before, during and at the end of your period of hire using either the products supplied or your own ordinary domestic products. Take care not to use a spray directly when cleaning electrical equipment and switches, rather spray onto paper towels before use.
- You will make sure that everyone who attends your activity understands that they must NOT do so if they, or a member of their household, has had Covid-19 symptoms in the last 7 days and that if they develop symptoms within the following 7 days they MUST use the Test, Track and Trace system to alert others. Hirers should keep a list or register of all attendees and their contact details to facilitate this process if necessary.
- Hirers will keep the premises well ventilated with windows and doors open as far as is convenient and ensuring they are closed at the end of the activity (a key is available for the fire exit doors in the main auditorium).
- You will ensure that the number of people attending your event does not exceed the specified number for each room (see above).
- You will ensure that all attendees maintain social distancing while waiting for entry and observe the one way system within the premises. You will ensure that only ONE person leaves the activity to use the toilet at any one time.
- You will take particular care to ensure that social distancing of 2 metres is maintained for any attendee over 70 years old.
- You will position furniture as far as possible to facilitate seating side by side rather than face to face, maintaining social distancing of 2 metres wherever possible.
- Before leaving the building, you will be responsible for the disposal of any rubbish created during your hire, (including tissues and paper towels) into the rubbish bags provided, and then into the dustbin situated outside the main entrance. You may wish to encourage regular attendees of your activity to bring their own hand towel to use when they wash their hands which they can then wash and reuse.
- You will be responsible (if food or drink is made) for ensuring all crockery and cutlery is washed in hot soapy water, dried and put away. You will bring your own clean tea towels to reduce the risk of contamination between hirers, and take them away. We will provide washing up liquid and disposable wash cloths.
- We have the right to close the hall at short notice if there are safety concerns relating to Covid-19 e.g. If a hall user develops symptoms and thorough cleaning is required, if the special conditions of hire are not complied with or in the event that public buildings are required to close again. You will be informed as soon as possible.
- In the event of someone presenting with suspected Covid-19 symptoms while at the hall you should separate them from the remainder of your group. Provide them with tissues, waste bin and a bowl of warm soapy water for hand washing. Check that you have the contact details for all members of your group and then ask them leave the premises immediately, observing the usual hand sanitising and social distancing precautions. Advise them to launder their clothes when they arrive home. Inform the Hall’s Booking Secretary immediately. The phone number can be found on the poster displayed in the entrance lobby.